The Sequential Kinking Terminal (SKT) is a redirective, energy absorbing tangent terminal used with W-Beam barriers. During head-on impacts, the system absorbs energy by sliding down the rail section causing the rail to curl away from the roadway. The system can be used with breakaway steel or wood posts and is NCHRP Report 350 Test Level 2 and Test Level 3 compliant.
Features & Benefits
- Tested to NCHRP Report 350 TL-2 and TL-2
- Easy to install and maintain
- Used with breakaway wood or steel posts
- Total length of 50′ 0″ for TL-3 design speeds
- Uses many common standard W-beam barrier components
- 50 ft. long