MAX-Tension Tangent TL-2
The MAX-Tension TL2 is a redirective, non-gating tension based end terminal designed for W-Beam guardrail. The system includes an energy absorbing impact head, two tensioned cables, ground anchor assembly and couplers with built-in cutting tooth technology. The lightweight impact head allows for quick and easy installation. The MAX-Tension TL2 absorbs energy by creating friction in the tension cables and cutting the downstream guardrail panels. During side impacts, the system acts as a guardrail and redirects vehicles away from the roadside hazard.
Features & Benefits
- Tested to MASH TL-2 (impacts up to 70 km/hr)
- Non-gating, redirective system redirects vehicle at post #1
- Tension-based cables control deceleration and increase redirective performance.
- Sabertooth technology increases energy absorbing capacity and weakens the downstream guardrail to help reduce the severity of impacts
- Lightweight impact head makes installation quick and easy
- Available as a kit or full system with standard guardrail panels, posts and components after post 1
- Beginning length of need (BLON) at post 1
- 15’ (L) x 17.5” (W)
- 25’ effective system length
- 40 lbs. (18 kg)
- 5.5” (W)