The Vulcan® Gate is a longitudinal redirective barrier that creates an access point in permanent and temporary longitudinal barriers. It is made of two steel transitions, two hinges and at least one section of Vulcan® Barrier equipped with wheels and jacks to help transport the system. To operate like a gate, each end of the Vulcan® Gate is anchored, attached to a hinge and secured with a steel pin. The pin is easy to remove allowing the Vulcan® Gate to open and close as needed. It NCHRP Report 350 Test Level 2 and Test Level 3 compliant.
NCHRP Test Level 2, NCHRP Test Level 3
Features & Benefits
- Tested to NCHRP TL-2 and TL-3
- Creates opening along longitudinal barriers
- Connects and disconnects with one steel pin.
- Three opening options: either end or in the middle of the system
- Serves as a ‘gate’ during emergency situations, planned maintenance or lane closures
- Equipped with wheels and jack for easy transport
- Connects and disconnects with single steel pin
- No tools and equipment required to operate the system
- 21.5″ (546 mm) width
- 32″ (813 mm) height
- 1,020 lbs. (460 kg)
- 30′ (9 m) minimum installed length