The Vulcan® Barrier is a redirective, longitudinal steel barrier system used in permanent and temporary applications on roadways and bridges. The lightweight, galvanized steel segments are easy to transport with up to 480 linear feet of barrier transferred per truckload. The Vulcan® Barrier can be used with other compatible end treatments such as the QuadGuard®, QUEST®, TRACC®, or ACZ-350®. It is NCHRP Report 350 Test Level 3 and Test Level 4 compliant.
NCHRP Test Level 3, NCHRP Test Level 4
Features & Benefits
- Multiple anchoring configurations for gate and free standing applications
- Creates lane shifts in high traffic areas to reduce congestion
- Reduces work zone congestion in high traffic areas
- Can be used as a temporary or permanent median or roadside longitudinal barrier
- Vertical steel pivot pin interlinks each module
- Moveable or static installation
- Optional wheels and jacks for more efficient transportation by hand or towing short distances with a vehicle.
- 13′ 6″ (4 m) long segments
- 39′ (12 m) segments available
- 21.5″ wide (546 mm)
- 32″ high (813 mm)
- 1,020 lbs. (460 kg)