The SS90™ HD is a heavy duty, truck mounted attenuator used on stationary or mobile support vehicles with a minimum weight of 16,090 lbs. (7,300 kg). The system is made of galvanized steel and utilizes replaceable, energy absorbing cartridges to safely stop vehicles during rear-end impacts. The SS90 HD is easy to set-up using four hand cranks and features an alert buzzer to notify users when the unit is properly deployed. It is designed to absorb impacts up to 100km/ hr and is NCHRP Report 350 Test Level 3 compliant.
Features & Benefits
- Alert buzzer assists with proper deployment
- Socket hitch and tailgate mount options
- Tested to NCHRP 350 TL-3 (impacts up to 100 km/hr)
- Black and yellow powder coated systems available upon request.
- Accessible hydraulic pumps and reservoirs allow for easier maintenance and repairs
- Custom lighting systems available in 12V, 24V, Incandescent or LED systems.
- In the cab “push-to-activate” function raises and lowers the unit (for storage and transport)
- Designed to help minimize damage from low-speed nuisance hits up to 6 mph (10 km/h)
- Galvanized, potentially reusable steel frame and cartridges.
- 7’ 9″ (2.36 m) width
- 1,996 lbs. (906 kg)
- 12″ (3,055 mm) road clearance
- 13’ 2″ (3.98 m) length from truck
- 16,090 lbs. (7,300 kg) minimum support vehicle weight