NU-GUARD 31 is a strong post guardrail system used for roadside and median applications. It does not require offset blocks for 31″ rail height applications and utilizes RIB-BAK U-Channel posts instead of typical wood or steel I-Beam posts. The NU-GUARD 31 uses standard w-beam and is tested to NCHRP Report 350 and MASH criteria.
Features & Benefits
- Tested to NCHRP 350 TL-3 & TL-4 and MASH TL-3
- Does not require offset blocks
- Can be installed on 6:1 slopes or less
- RIB-BAK U-Channel posts are easier and faster to install than wood or I-beam posts.
- RIB-BAK U-Channel posts available galvanized or powder coated.
- Median configurations for 31″ rail height applications.
- Through-bolt slot works to maintain rail height during impact
- 31” w-beam height
- 6’6” RIB-BAK U-Channel 5 lb./ft.; Nucor Grade SP-80
- 6’ 3” post spacing