NU-CABLE™ Cable Barrier
The NU-CABLE™ High Tension Cable Barrier System is a cost effective alternative to traditional W-beam and concrete barriers. It utilizes Rib-Bak posts and ¾” cables with locking hook bolts to absorb energy during impacts. The system is available in 3-cable (TL-3) and 4-cable (TL-4) configurations. NU-CABLE™ High Tension Cable Barrier System is a visually appealing option that can be applied in both median and roadside applications.
Features & Benefits
- Doesn’t block driver visibility
- Deflections can be customized to meet site needs
- Available in both 3-cable (TL-3) and 4-cable (TL-4) systems
- Anchored at both ends into FHWA-approved cable release posts
- Easy to maintain and repair. Cables are stretched and tightened on site
- System utilizes 4-lb. Nucor Steel Marion RIB-BAK® U-channel galvanized steel posts
- RIB-BAK U-Channel weight: 4 or 5 lb./ft.
- Three cables set 33” above grond
- Tested to NCHRP 350 Report TL3
- Direct drive, concrete socketed or steel socketed foundations
- RIB-BAK U-Channel weight: 4 lb./ft.
- Four cables set 41” above ground
- Tested to NCHRP 350 Report TL 4 on level terrain up to 6:1 slope
- Socketed foundation