Location: Sturgeon County, AB
Employment Type: Full-time, permanent
Employment Type: Full-time, permanent
Working from our main location in Sturgeon County, AB, their main job is to support our Finance Team. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the ideal candidate will be a team player who can work well under pressure in both team and individual environments. Hours of work are generally Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Barricades and Signs is committed to ensuring its business is conducted in a commercially and socially responsible manner according to rigorous, ethical, professional and legal standard, with fair, transparent and honest business practices. Every employee at Barricades and Signs counts, and we aim to assist each person with the best guidance and work ethics by believing and working within our company mantra.
“Committed to Service, Trusted to Deliver”
As an Accounting Coordinator, you're a key member of the finance and administrative team and will support all accounting functions. This includes but is not limited the following:
- Receive invoices through external mail or internal from departments or direct request, sort, date stamp, prioritize, and allocate to team.
- Verify general ledger coding for invoices and expense claims as required, review amounts and check extensions and payment terms.
- Obtain approval signatures on AP invoices and expense claims as required.
- Enter scanned AP invoices into SAP in a timely manner, ensuring all entered within 5 business days of receipt and file. Data enter and match invoices to Purchase Orders and investigate discrepancies and resolve, as needed.
- Review vendor AP statements and reconcile all vendor statements, by checking for overdue invoices, account discrepancies and outstanding credits, etc. Investigate outstanding items, depending on results of investigation, dispute bills, request copies of invoices for processing, or make necessary adjustments to reconcile vendor statements to accounts payable sub-ledger.
- With the Accounting and Procurement teams, liaise with vendors to establish and maintain good relationships with key vendors.
- Assist in the maintenance of vendor records including confirmation of terms, and vendor name/address changes, and support with preparation of credit applications and receive approvals for new vendor set-up as required.
- Flag invoices with special or unique payment terms or requiring “special handling” (e.g. enclosures to be sent with cheque) on payables run.
- Prepare draft and validate the payment proposal for EFT / cheque run. Once finalized, accumulate any required back-up required to facilitate approval signatures.
- Maintain process and training documentation for Accounts Payable or other processes, as required and fulfill the role of back-up for team members and /or train temporary help if required.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices. Perform payables monitoring activities for un-invoiced (GRPO) receipts, investigates discrepancies, etc.
- Provides support to the Procurement and Accounting teams with order / receipt reporting, maintenance, and other finance and administration duties.
- Perform account reconciliations and accrual calculations to support month / year end close activities.
- Assist inventory reporting personnel with variance investigations, etc. related to monthly / periodic inventory count and reconciliation procedures.
- Provide support to Accounts Receivable and billing team, including support of monthly billing, receipts, collections and customer statement distribution.
- Perform general office duties, as required and assists office support and administration personnel, as required.
- Treat all Barricades & Signs information confidentially, including, but not limited to: documents, correspondence, budgets, employment and sales information.
- 2 year post-secondary Business Administration Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in accounts payable or office administration setting
- Experience with SAP Business One preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and Google Workspace
- Computer skills developed to a high degree for accuracy and data input
- Supportive and service focused phone and email communication
- Working knowledge of general accounting procedures, deadlines and processes
- High attention to detail and data input accuracy
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Thrives in a team environment and has exemplary time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Dental care, vision care and extended health care
- Disability insurance and life insurance
- Paid time off, company events, free on-site parking